changes in how he gets ready to throw.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    King Kong Index du Forum -> LE VILLAGE INDIGENE -> King Kong
Auteur Message
panxing18
Indigène

Point(s): 109
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: 28/08/2018, 08:54    Sujet du message: changes in how he gets ready to throw. Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Joe Flacco needed only one series to show why there won't be any competition this summer to determine the Baltimore Ravens starting quarterback.

The other two guys Cheap Shaquem Griffin Jersey , however, also put on quite a show.

Flacco threw a touchdown pass on his only series of the game, rookie Lamar Jackson ran for a score and Baltimore rolled to a 33-7 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday night.

Baltimore (2-0) led 17-0 after the first period and cruised to the finish against the Rams (0-1), who rested offensive stars Jared Goff and Todd Gurley.

After sitting out the Hall of Fame Game last week, Flacco went 5 for 7 for 71 yards during a 10-play drive. The 11-year veteran overcame a second-and-25 with a 30-yard pass to newcomer Michael Crabtree and finished with a 6-yard TD throw to Patrick Ricard.

"That's really all we needed from Joe," coach John Harbaugh said. "Get Lamar out there with a lot of reps, get Robert (Griffin III) out there."

Jackson entered the next time Baltimore got the ball and coolly directed a 73-yard march in which he completed a 36-yard pass to Chris Moore and broke two tackles running for a 9-yard touchdown.

"It was a great run," Harbaugh said. "I thought he was tackled twice 鈥?and then he wasn't."

Said Jackson: "They tried to get to me, I made a guy miss. Then I did what I do best and tried to get in the end zone."

Jackson went 7 for 18 for 119 yards, ran for 21 yards and was sacked twice before giving way to Griffin early in the third quarter.

Griffin went 5 for 7 for 88 yards, including a 32-yard touchdown strike to Breshad Perriman.

Flacco has been named Baltimore's starter in the regular season. Griffin is seeking a comeback after being inactive in 2017, and Jackson is trying to adjust to the pro game after winning a Heisman Trophy at Louisville and being drafted in the first round last April.

Jackson could learn a thing or two by watching Flacco.

"He was awesome. He was smooth Jeff Locke Jersey 49ers , had a lot of poise in the pocket," the rookie said.

The Ravens and Rams held joint practices Monday and Tuesday, and Los Angeles coach Sean McVay indicated the work against outside opposition would enable him to rest a few of his starters in the preseason opener.

So, Sean Mannion opened at quarterback, Malcolm Brown lined up behind him and the offense sputtered for much of the night.

Los Angeles gained 5 yards and made one first down in the first quarter. The Rams trailed 23-0 at halftime after totaling 45 yards and three first downs.

"We expect to play better and we will," McVay said. "Sometimes these lessons, these humbling experiences if you will, for everybody is the level of awareness. You can't wait to get back to work and know that we got a lot work to do. What's encouraging is we have time to figure it out."

Mannion played the first half, going 3 for 13 for 16 yards and an interception.

"It certainly wasn't my best performance. Just wasn't really able to get into a rhythm early," Mannion said.

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Both teams stood during the national anthem. While most of the Ravens lined up shoulder to shoulder on the sideline, second-year linebacker Tim Williams stood alone in front of the bench with his back toward the field.

INJURIES

It appeared as if both teams got out of the game without any significant injuries.

HELMET RULE

The Rams received successive 15-yard penalties in the first quarter for lowering the head to initiate contact, a new rule this season. Marqui Christian received the first flag http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-marshall-newhouse-jersey , and Blake Countess followed. The penalties attributed for nearly half the yardage in a drive that produced a field goal for a 17-0 lead.

"The preseason offers a great opportunity for all of us to work through some things and learn," McVay said. "How that can enable us to better coach it, and how we can better understand, how we can expect them to consistently officiate that knowing that most importantly it's about taking the head out of the game."

UP NEXT:

Rams: After an extended stay on the East Coast, Los Angeles heads home to begin preparation for its next opponent, the Oakland Raiders at home on Aug. 18.

Ravens: Their next preseason game isn't until Aug. 20 at Indianapolis, but that begins a stretch of three games in 11 days.
J.T. Barrett peeled off the orange No. 5 practice jersey, tossed it in a laundry bin and headed for the locker room. He stopped at one intersection and tried to get his bearings 鈥?he'd never had to navigate the Paul Brown Stadium passageways.

The record-setting Ohio State quarterback quickly found his way back to his locker and did a few interviews. That's pretty much all that's left for him to do between now and the NFL draft, when Barrett finds out whether he'll get chosen in one of the later rounds or have to extend his career as a free agent.

"I don't know if I'm out to prove anything or change people's minds," Barrett said. "What's out there on me as far as tape 鈥?that's who I am. I'm still striving to develop and get better. I don't think I'm a finished product yet."

The dual-threat quarterback worked out at the NFL combine and has been keeping in shape in Columbus. He was one of 35 local draft-eligible players who worked out for about 45 minutes at the Bengals' stadium Tuesday in a cold, northern wind.

Barrett and Florida quarterback Malik Zaire threw passes to receivers from Thomas More, Cincinnati Billy Price Jersey , Miami of Ohio, Kentucky and Akron. Barrett took snaps in a shotgun formation at Ohio State; Bengals coaches worked with him on his footwork Tuesday.

"I thought it was smooth," he said. "They changed the footwork I'm normally accustomed to doing. I couple of throws I wish I had back, but it happens."

Barrett won a school-record 38 games at Ohio State and was a key part of the 2014 national championship season. He took over when Braxton Miller suffered a shoulder injury and went 11-1 as the starting quarterback. He broke his right ankle in the fourth quarter of the final regular-season game against Michigan, and Cardale Jones led the Buckeyes the rest of the way to the title.

Last season, he struggled in losses to Oklahoma and Iowa. His inconsistency, his arm strength and his low completion percentage for downfield throws work against him in the draft.

NFL teams have suggested changes in how he gets ready to throw.

"Unless you're some guy that has a funky release or a slow release and throwing motion, they don't really try to touch your arm," he said. "The biggest thing is the footwork and the hips."

As a four-year starter at Ohio State, Barrett set school records for career passing yards, passing yards per game, completions Authentic Rasmus Dahlin Jersey , completion percentage, touchdown passes and total offense. He also holds numerous Big Ten records.

A few weeks ago, Barrett sat down for an interview with Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, who took over Jon Gruden's "QB Camp" show on ESPN this year. Wilson interviewed four draft prospects for the show, which has been renamed "QB2QB" and airs this week for the first time.

Wilson's advice?

"He was saying to be myself," Barrett said. "He said it's worked for you, continue to do that. He said to be yourself and everything will work out."
AP Sports Writer Mitch Stacy in Columbus, Ohio contributed to this report.
-----------------
panxing
Visiter le site web du posteur
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 17:52    Sujet du message: changes in how he gets ready to throw.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    King Kong Index du Forum -> LE VILLAGE INDIGENE -> King Kong Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation